Cornish Hens with 7 Grain Medley
- Seeds of Change® product used in recipe: Seven Whole Grains
- Segment: Main course
- Cuisine Type: Regional
|Servings||Portion Size||Prep Time||Start to Finish Time||Preparation Rating|
|Measurement||Ingredient||Cut or specific|
|2 Each||Cornish hens||Thawed|
| To taste||Extra virgin olive oil|
| To taste||Thyme, Rosemary, Sage and Oregano fresh herbs|
| To taste||Sea salt and pepper|
|1 Package||Seeds Of Change® Seven Whole Grains|
|1/2 Cup||Dried cranberries|
|1/2 Cup||Dried apricots||Diced|
|1/3 Cup||Feta Cheese||Crumbled|
| To taste||Mixed greens to garnish|
- Rinse Cornish hens and pat dry.
- Brush hens with olive oil and stuff garlic and fresh herbs into cavity.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast in baking pan for 1 hour at 400 degrees.
- When hens are almost done, heat Seven Whole Grains for 90 seconds.
- In medium bowl, combine grains, cranberries, apricots, scallions, celery and feta cheese.
- Garnish plate with fresh greens and add grain mixture around the plate.
- Place roasted Cornish hen in center and serve.
Rice Cooking Instructions
In the Microwave:
- Squeeze pouch to separate rice.
- Tear to vent.
- Heat on HIGH for 90 seconds.
Cooking time for 2 pouches – 2 ½ minutes. Microwave times may vary. Take care when handling and opening the hot pouch. Refrigerate unused portion.
In the Skillet:
- Gently squeeze the sides of the pouch to break apart the rice, and pour contents into a skillet.
- Add 2 Tbsp. of water and heat.
- Stir rice occasionally until heated thoroughly.
- Serve immediately.
Preparation Tips: For golden brown Cornish hen, put under broiler for 3-4 minutes to finish.
Grow your own ingredients with these Seeds of Change® Certified Organic Seeds:
|Calories Per Serving||1150|
|Calories from Fat||550|
|Total Fat||62g (95% DV)|
|Saturated Fat||17g (85% DV)|
|Cholesterol||355mg (118% DV)|
|Sodium||690mg (29% DV)|
|Total Carbohydrates||81g (15% DV)|
|Dietary Fiber||6g (27% DV)|
|Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.|